Posted December 16, 2016
Part-Time Director of Youth Ministry
The Youth Minister position coordinates parish youth discipleship activities for the middle school and high school students at St. John the Evangelist Parish in Lawrence, Kansas. This position also maintains visible presence in the Lawrence community, at the local high schools, middle schools, and St. John Catholic Middle School, when possible. Part time = 25 hrs. per week.
Detailed Job Description
- Educate parents and parishioners on best practices of youth ministry and youth development, as well as the overall St. John youth discipleship philosophy
- Recruit/direct/supervise a leadership volunteer core of young adults and parishioners in providing programming to around 150 students
- Provide outreach efforts to high school and middle school students, parents, and parishioners through advertising, promotion and personal networking through social media, text messaging, and e-mail.
- Plan/implement summer trip opportunities for high school students (including mission trips and conferences)
- Lead weekly catechesis efforts, spiritual formation opportunities, social programming, and service opportunities for both high school and middle school students (including Reservoir adoration, discipleship groups, social events, etc.)
- Mentor students and parents of St. John Church and School in their personal/spiritual development
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Youth Ministry or related field. Practicing Catholic who upholds all Church teachings by manner of life. Enthusiasm. Great people skills. Excellent communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize. Team player.
How to Apply
Send a resume and qualifications, including college degree in youth ministry or related field. Include certificate(s) of training in youth ministry, theology, or catechesis. Also include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position and what you bring to this position.
Send information to Search Committee: email@example.com.